TIPS FOR LAYING AND CARING FOR TIMBER FLOORS
Timber floor is a natural product that gives your home that luxurious feel. It is often referred to as hardwood flooring. Building a new home or upgrading an existing property, you might be looking at adding a new and trendy feature to give a classy look to your home by opting for luxurious hardwood flooring by a hardwood flooring supplier portland or. It is important to note that getting the flooring elements right is paramount for the overall success of the project.
Luxurious hardwood flooring screams CLASS and has been around for centuries continually undergoing improvements. You might put so much into ensuring that every bit of the construction details is intact, but all of these can lose their value if a poor decision is made when choosing the floor. After choosing the right flooring elements and the kind of luxury hardwood flooring you want, there’s a vital knowledge you must have in laying and caring for the floors to maintain their shine and luxurious look.
These few tips for installing luxurious hardwood flooring should do the trick if followed:
- Choose your wooden floor carefully.
- Leave solid wood flooring to acclimatize for at least 7 days, while the engineering wood flooring for at least 72 hours.
- The luxurious hardwood flooring should be kept in the room it is to be installed and still packaged.
- It should be kept in a dry place.
- Make sure not to leave the luxurious hardwood flooring next to a heater or radiator.
- If your subfloor is not leveled, use a plywood or a self-leveling compound (for the concrete floor)
- The Moisture Content (MC) of the subfloor should be checked using a moisture meter. A wooden subfloor should be 16% MC or lower while a concrete subfloor should be below 6% MC.
- Remove any old chemicals or adhesives that may still stick to the subfloor.
- Ensure you use the right tools and install your choice of luxurious hardwood flooring in the right direction.
- Leave an expansion gap of at least 10mm to give room for the timber to expand and contrast as the humidity changes.
TIPS FOR CARING FOR LUXURIOUS HARDWOOD FLOORING
Installation of your choice of luxurious hardwood flooring is one side of the coin, but retaining the luxurious look is what would stand the test of time. Here is a simple list of how to maintain your luxurious hardwood flooring;
- Clean spills immediately.
- Invest in furniture pads to prevent scratches on the floor.
- Sweep or dust daily.
- Vacuum weekly.
- Use a wood cleaner monthly.
- Refinish every 3-5 years.
In conclusion, it is important to note that timber is natural and can be severely affected by humidity. If the luxurious hardwood flooring is used in a place with a dry climate, the relative humidity should be increased, but if in a wet climate, it should be decreased with a dehumidifier. The humidity level should be between 30% – 65%. If due care is followed, your choice of luxurious hardwood flooring would remain durable.